Counseling Department Career Exploration Workshop Series
Mayo School of Health Sciences and University of Minnesota School of Nursing are coming to present about programs students can start here at RCTC and finish entirely in Rochester.
On Nov. 2, College Counselors will host University of Minnesota (Twin Cities) School of Nursing for an Nursing Application Workshop. The meeting will be held at noon in room SH203.
On Nov. 3, College Counselors will host Mayo School of Health Sciences Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, Clinical Neurophysiology Technology, Emergency Medical Technology, Histology Technician, and Phlebotomy programs. The event begins at 12:30 pm in room EH105.
No sign up is required for either workshop.
These workshops are designed to:
· Help truly undecided students decide if they want to pursue a career in healthcare.
· Help students who feel they are well suited to a career in healthcare, but who have not yet found the right career within the healthcare world.
· Help students who are looking for careers where all of the education is right here in Rochester.
· Educate students who know they want to pursue one of these careers about the admissions process for the Mayo School of Health Sciences and University of Minnesota School of Nursing.
· Help students choose their major early, to avoid taking unnecessary coursework (as students who change their major at a Community and Technical College tend to extend their education by at least one semester).