Get to know June Meitzner…
- What are your favorite things about RCTC?
One of my favorite things about RCTC is the location. I love having all the oak trees in front, the woods in the back and all the beautiful flower beds that are around campus. Another favorite thing is the students. They keep me young.
- What department do you work in and what do you do at RCTC?
I am the RCTC Purchasing Manager and my office is located in the Business Office Suite. I process all the purchasing orders and construction contracts. I take care of the insurance coverage for the College and I also oversee the inventory of equipment.
- In five words, describe your job.
fun, challenging, changing, rewarding, stressful
- What is your favorite RCTC memory?
I remember when I had my interview for being hired with President Hill. My interview was during the flood of 1978 and I had to explain why I was in jeans and a t shirt as the apartment that I was living in had to be evacuated.
- What is your favorite thing about your job?
I like all the interaction that I have with the staff, faculty, administration, and students.
- If you were Sting for a day, what would you do?
I would stand out on 30th Ave SE at the entrance to the College and wave at people as they drove by hoping that it would start their day off with a smile.
- What is your favorite book?
I don’t have a favorite book but favorite authors are Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts. I love books with a little romance and a happy ending.
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite food?
It is a tie between pizza and cinnamon rolls.
- What is your dream vacation?
I would love to go on a cruise to Alaska.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
The best gift I have ever given is the gift of life to my son.
- What makes you laugh?
My dog Sophie, a good joke, people who are funny, watching The Big Bang Theory
- In five words, describe yourself.
caring, perfectionist, dedicated, motivated, happy
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Dance – I envy the people on Dancing with the Stars.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
I would love to take my husband John and meet Galen Bolinger. Galen is my husband’s uncle that he was named after. My husband never got to meet Galen as he was killed by a sniper on Nov. 21, 1944 when serving in WWII. Galen is buried in the Lorraine American Cemetery in St. Avold, France. We have Galen’s flag and all his belongings which were packed in his trunk that was sent back home.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a professional dancer on TV or in movies like Grease.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to fly. I wish that it would not take me so long to get home after work or up north to the cabin. I hate all the traffic.
- Aside from food, water and shelter what is one thing you could not go a day without?
- What hobbies/interests do you enjoy?
Gardening tops the list. I do love my flowers! I also enjoy fishing especially when I can out fish my husband and/or son.