Mental Health Services for Students
Welcome back from what was hopefully a restful spring break. As you prepared to finish strong for this semester, know that there are a multitude of services and resources for you to tap into. One of those is fairly new to the college, and that is a mental health therapist right on campus for you to utilize. RCTC has partnered with Zumbro Valley Health Center (ZVHC), which is Olmsted County’s mental health provider to bring these services right to you on campus.
A recognized regional mental health provider, Zumbro Valley Health Center offers a comprehensive array of integrated behavioral health services designed to prevent students’ personal and school-related issues from intensifying to more serious problems. Common issues among today’s college students include depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addiction and suicide.
Through on-site mental health services, both RCTC and WSU-Rochester students now have access to licensed mental health providers for therapy and, if you choose, on-going treatment for your behavioral health needs. Zumbro Valley Health Center complements these in-person services with a toll-free hotline, which is available 365 days a year. This 24-hour service provides students with the opportunity to speak directly with a mental health practitioner in critical or emergency situations.
A licensed practitioner is now accepting appointments on campus for both RCTC and WSU-Rochester. The new therapy office is located in RCTC’s Student Health Services area. The office is open on the following days and times:
- Mondays – 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Tuesdays – 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursdays – 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Fridays – 8:00am to 12:00pm
- If you have health insurance coverage, ZVHC will bill the insurance company for these services. Students are never denied services if unable to pay or are unable/unwilling to use their health insurance.
- ZVHC services are confidential and all records are kept separate from RCTC Health Services records.
- The Student Health Services nurse practitioner is available to see students regarding medications for some mental health-related issues as well as for other health concerns. Appointments are required and can be scheduled online at https://healthservices.rctc.edu
For further information or to schedule an appointment, call (507) 285-7261 or email HealthServices@rctc.edu, or contact the Coordinator of Student Health Services Katie Swegarden, RN at 507-280-2887 or email@example.com.
Good luck this semester, and make sure to take care of yourself and each other!
MICHAEL D. ANTHONY, PH.D.
Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Ave. SE, Rochester, MN 55904
(o) 507-285-7217 | (f) 507-285-7108 | firstname.lastname@example.org
www.rctc.edu | www.rctc.edu/services/student-affairs/