RCTC Student Beehive – December 19, 2018
Welcome to RCTC! Your education here opens doors to new, unexpected opportunities.
Check out the following links for important RCTC information: Winter break is December 21 – January 13!!!
Why Register Now?
*NEW* Change for Spring Semester Financial Aid *SPECIAL ATTENTION REQUIRED!*
Child Care Grants Available in Financial Aid
Dean’s List/President’s List/High Academic Achievement
Checking Fall Grades
Equipment Return Reminder
Minnesota Nice – Minnesota Price
Semester End and Winter Break
- Not a morning person? Register Now to avoid early morning classes!
- Avoid the wait (list)! Register Now before your classes fill!
- Plan your “me” time! Register Now and know next semester’s schedule today!
Don’t wait until you get back from break! REGISTER NOW! Advising and Counseling gets booked up the closer we get to the start of the term, classes fill up and finding what you need at times that work for you gets more difficult the longer you wait. REGISTER TODAY!
*NEW* CHANGE FOR SPRING SEMESTER FINANCIAL AID *SPECIAL ATTENTION REQUIRED!*
In general, your Financial Aid is based on the number of credits you are enrolled in, as of a “census date.” For Spring Semester, the census date is Friday, January 18, 2019.
In the past, RCTC allowed exceptions (and adjusted Financial Aid) for students who added courses after this date. Beginning Spring Semester 2019, Financial Aid adjustments for late registrations are no longer allowed. Courses added after the census date will NOT be considered for Financial Aid. This restriction applies even if the course being added is required for graduation.
What can you do to ensure you receive Financial Aid for all of your credits?
- Finalize your Spring Semester registration on or before January 18, 2019. If you plan to take late-start courses, you must be registered for them at the beginning of the term.
- At any time, if you are considering a change to your registration (regardless of the reason), contact your Advisor first! We want to make sure you understand how the change may affect your academic plan and your Financial Aid eligibility.
Please let your Advisor or the Financial Aid Office know if you have questions about this change. Best wishes for a great Spring Semester!
- Have a FAFSA on file in Financial Aid
- Complete a separate Child Care Grant application
- Enroll for 6+ credits
- Be considered a MN resident.
Other criteria also apply. The full list of eligibility criteria and the application form can be found here . Students can also find more information on the Financial Aid website under Forms and Documents for the 2018-2019 year. Funds are limited so check it out TODAY!
DEAN’S LIST/PRESIDENT’S LIST/HIGH ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
Beginning this semester, excellence in scholastic achievement will be recognized by compiling three lists of students. The qualifications for each list are as follows:
- Dean’s List: Students must have completed 12 credits or more for the same semester with a 3.0-3.74 GPA. Students on the Dean’s List will receive an email of recognition signed by the VPs of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
- President’s List: Students must have completed 12 credits or more for the same semester with a 3.75-4.0 GPA. Students on the President’s List will receive a hard copy letter and certification signed by the President.
- High Academic Achievement: Students must have completed 3-11 credits for the same semester with a 3.75-4.0 GPA. Students on the High Academic Achievement List will receive an email of recognition signed by the VPs of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
Additionally, the credit courses completed must have earned grade points. Credits for P (Pass) and grades of I (Incomplete), AU (Audit), W (Withdrawal), and NC (No Credit) are excluded from the count. These lists are posted in the Admissions and Records area and at the Heintz Center, as well as distributed to local media. A listing can also be downloaded from the College website. The list should be available after January 15.
CHECKING FALL GRADES
RCTC hopes you had a tremendously successful semester. As it draws to a close, please note the Admissions and Records Office anticipates all final Fall 2018 grades being submitted and calculated by Friday, December 28th. These grades can be viewed in the grades and transcripts section of the college eServices site. To view your grades after December 28, click here.
Any grades not posted to your eServices account by December 28 have not been reported by a faculty member. Please contact the instructor of your class to inquire when s/he will post any missing grades.
Your degree will be posted to your transcript about 2 weeks after all final grades have been posted. Awards will be printed and mailed to your permanent address on file in the Admissions Office approximately 6 weeks later. RCTC holds one Commencement ceremony per academic year (in May) and you can find Commencement information on the website later in the Spring semester. It will be important for you to read the material and follow the directions, including submitting your RSVP in April, if you plan on attending. Congratulations on completing your degree at RCTC!
EQUIPMENT RETURN REMINDER
As the semester nears conclusion, remember to return any equipment checked out from the Technology Support Center. The due date for cameras, video recording gear, and other equipment is Friday, December 21, 2018. Equipment not returned by this date and time will be declared lost, your student account will be charged for replacement costs, and a hold will be placed on your academic records.
You will be allowed to use the gear in the upcoming semester as long as you are enrolled in a specific program that requires you to use such equipment or if it is general media gear for classroom usage.
If you have any questions, please contact the Technology Support Center at (507) 536-5555 or by email at email@example.com
MINNESOTA NICE – MINNESOTA PRICE
Did you know?
Any student from Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois or Minnesota (of course!), who is currently enrolled at a Minnesota State Community College is granted IN-STATE TUITION when they transfer to Winona State University!
How does it work?
- Minnesota: You live in-state. All Minnesota residents get in-state tuition
- Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota: You qualify through your state’s reciprocity agreement with Minnesota
- Iowa and Illinois: We’re offering you a Renewable Resident Tuition Scholarship upon acceptance into WSU!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
SEMESTER END AND WINTER BREAK
This is a reminder that Fall Semester ends Friday, December 21 and there are no classes until Spring Semester begins on Monday, January 14, 2019. The college will be open for business as usual but will be closed on Monday, December 24, Tuesday, December 25 and Tuesday, January 1 due to the holidays. Enjoy the winter break!
Thursday, December 20
- Stress Relief Week, Atrium
Cookie Decorating, 10am until gone
Cookies! Not only are they a delicious sweet treat, but the act of decorating them can reduce stress! There is a reason “stressed” spelled backward is “desserts!”
Crafting & Coloring, 10:00am-1:00pm
No artistic ability required! So if you are looking for a great way to relive stress, delve into the crafting & coloring station to soothe your frazzled nerves, deepen your inner peace, and express yourself!
Play-doh Power Hour! 10:00am-1:00pm
Unleash your inner child – squeeze out your frustrations with everyone’s favorite childhood dough!
You are a Rockstar! 10:00am until gone
If you’re running late and you need a burst of energy, stop by the Atrium for an energy drink and conquer your week! *While supplies last.
Video Game Mania, 10:00am-1:00pm
Get your game on with Mario Kart, SuperSmash Bros, Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution!
Friday, December 21
- FALL SEMESTER ENDS!
ENJOY WINTER BREAK DECEMBER 21-JANUARY 13
Intramurals information can be found on the Yellowjackets Athletics website for RCTC.
Events Coming in December and January
|December 22-January 13:||Winter Break
|January 21||Martin Luther King Day-No Classes
|January 31||Student Success Day-No Classes
|Basketball games and Wrestling matches either at home or away every week, except over winter break.
Intramural Sports every week – check back after winter break.
|Back to top of page|