RCTC Student Beehive – November 23, 2016
Check out the following links for important RCTC information: Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time off!
NOW is the time to check your account balance via the eServices site at www.rctc.edu/eservices
If you need instructions for viewing or printing your account balance, go to: http://www.rctc.edu/eservices/tuition-view-print-account-balance.html
Important Information regarding student accounts:
- RCTC no longer mails statements – it is the student’s responsibility to monitor and manage their accounts through the eServices site as detailed below.
- Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Payments received after the due date will be subject to late and/or payment plan fees.
- Financial aid funds are applied to student accounts after the drop/add period, on Thursdays with change transmitted to BankMobile, be sure your Yellowjacket card is active.
- Students who have not received their financial aid by the payment deadline are required to pay.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. Any unpaid balances will be referred to the MN Department of Revenue – Collection Division.
How to Pay:
- Pay at the RCTC Cashiers Office during regular business hours (M-F; 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Send a check payable to RCTC to:
RCTC Cashier’s Office
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
- Pay with a Visa, MasterCard or e-check via your online account. To make payment online follow these instructions:
- login to your online account
- select the proper semester Login
- select the Student tab
- select My Account
- select Pay Online
- select the institution you wish to pay
- enter the payment amount
- provide required credit card information
- authorize payment
- close payment window
Need a Payment Plan?If you are unable to fully pay your tuition by the deadline, you may request a payment plan. In all cases, full payment is expected by the end of the semester for which the tuition is owed. RCTC has a contract with “FACTS” as our payment plan provider. After you register, go to check my account balance, click on payments and payment plan option. www.rctc.edu/business-office/html/facts.html. Please note that the FACTS payment plan is only available until Friday, January 13, 2017.
Questions? Contact Ruth Siefert, RCTC Business Officer Supervisor, at (507) 285-7472 or email@example.com.
OVER 200 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING RCTC
The online scholarship application portal will be open on November 30, 2016 for over 200 scholarships that are available for students who plan to attend Rochester Community and Technical College for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 or who will graduate from RCTC this spring and pursue studies elsewhere.
Enhanced features this year include:
- Secure online sign-in using Star ID and password
- Auto population of student information including name, address, major, credits taken, GPA and more
- Ability to save and come back at a later time to edit which is especially important for essays
- Automatic ability to apply for all scholarships that each student is eligible for based on criteria
Scholarships are awarded on a variety of criteria unique to each scholarship. Check out the Foundation website at www.rctc.edu/foundation for scholarship descriptions, tips and resources and the application portal. Applications are to be submitted online by 4:00pm on February 10, 2017, at www.rctc.edu/foundation/html/scholarships.html.
For any additional information, please contact the RCTC Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 281-7771 – Heintz Center, Room HC109.
RIDE THE FAN BUS TO THE GRAPHIC EDGE BOWL! SUPPORT YOUR YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL TEAM!
RCTC is proud to announce that its Yellowjacket football team will play Ellsworth Community College (Iowa) at 11:00 a.m. at the 2016 Graphic Edge Bowl in the UNI Dome at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls.
RCTC is offering the public an opportunity to attend the 2016 Graphic Edge Bowl game and support the Yellowjackets. A coach bus will depart from RCTC on Sunday, December 4 at 7:00 a.m. and return to RCTC at 6:00 p.m. The cost to ride the bus is $10 per person.
Tickets to the Graphic Edge Bowl game are not sold in advance, but will go on sale on the morning of the game at the UNI Dome. Game ticket prices are $13 for adults and $8 for students with their student ID.
The deadline for registering for the bus is Thursday, December 1, 2016. For more information, contact Courtney Thoreson at 507-285-7205 or email@example.com.