RCTC Student Beehive – October 19, 2016
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
OPEN GYM IS NOW OPEN
Thank you all so much for your patience with the Open Gym this semester. Due to some staffing concerns we held off opening the gym during its normal hours. However, the wait is over! Open Gym as of today and will be open from 10:00am-2:00pm, Tuesday-Friday each week. Moving forward, hours may be expanded depending on staffing. Thank you to our new Athletics Equipment Manager Sam Rosenzweig and others for working hard to get this open.
For more information on Open Gym, please see the website at http://www.rctcyellowjackets.com/facilities/Student_Open_Gym.
- Science tutors will be available during all open hours on Thursday and Friday.
- Math tutors will be available from 9:am-7:00pm on Thursday and from 8:00am-4:00pm on Friday.
- Writing tutors will be available from 9:00am-4:00pm on Thursday only.
- The Literacy Center (AT308) will NOT be staffed on Thursday or Friday.
- Facility Use Policy (6.7.2) and Facility Use Procedure (18.104.22.168). A revised policy and procedures related to the use of facilities at the College.
- Student Identification Card (2.16.14). A policy that addresses the student id process and expectations of students who obtain the identification card.
These policies and procedures have been uploaded to the policies website, and are officially filed in the President’s Office.
Reminder: It is every student’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with, and adhere to, state, system, and college policies. All policies and procedures are available through the RCTC website at http://www.rctc.edu/policies/
- To access your DARS, login to the campus eServices website: http://www.rctc.edu/eservices
- Detailed information on what DARS is and how to understand what it all means at: rctc.edu/admissions/html/dars.html
- Course Transfer System at: transferology.com
Every student at RCTC has an academic advisor or counselor, who is here to support students in their educational growth. Students should work closely with their academic advisor or counselor so that educational goals are met. Specific transfer questions or concerns should be directed to the Counseling Center staff.
If you don’t know who your advisor or counselor is, you can download the list from:
It’s important to keep your mailing address current, so that you receive essential college communications. Keeping your address current also helps us all by lowering costs of returned and re-sent mail.
If you have moved from your initial application to RCTC, you can update your address in person at the admissions office or in the eServices site section of demographic information. www.rctc.edu/eservices
HELP US HELP YOU!
Current and Returning Students:
|Selective Admission*||Web||Tuesday, October 18|
|Earned 45 or more credits||Web||Monday, October 24|
|Earned 30-44 credits||Web||Tuesday, October 25|
|PSEO Earned 30 or more credits||Counter||See Brooke Kosok to register|
|Earned 1-29 credits||Web||Friday, October 28|
|PSEO Earned 1-29 credits||Counter||See Brooke Kosok to register|
|Earned 0 credits||Web||Tuesday, November 1|
|Current and returning degree-seeking||Counter||Wednesday, November 2|
New Admitted/Degree Seeking Students:
|RCTC New Students
|Will receive enrollment information once application is processed.|
Visitor and Non-Degree Seeking Students:
|Non-Degree Seeking||Web||Beginning November 10|
|Visiting Students||Web||Beginning November 10|
Web windows open at 7:30am.
You can check your window by logging in to the eServices site, selecting the ‘Registration’ tab and the proper year/term, then clicking on the ‘Registration Window’ link. If you have any questions regarding registration, email the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (507) 285-7268 or (800) 247-1296 ext. 7268.
Transfer students may register by participating in an orientation session or by completing the online orientation at www.rctc.edu/orientation.
All students are strongly encouraged to meet with their academic advisor or counselor prior to registering for any term.