Ten things to do over MEA Weekend
So you have MEA break off. Four days of no classes. What to do, what to do?
- Halloween is just around the corner – two weeks away. Grab a couple pumpkins and a couple friends and have a pumpkin carving party.
- Visit the Rochester Farmers’ Market on Saturday morning while you can still get fresh veggies and fruits from the summer growing season.
- Catch up on some sleep.
- Fall colors are just peaking down here. If you have some reliable transportation, why not take a little leaf tour down around Preston, Lanesboro, and Rushford? Take a look at the DNR Fall Color Finder.
- Speaking of leaf tours, get some exercise while gawking at leaves and go for a bike ride or walk on the Root River Trail.
- Catch up on some homework and studying.
- There’s a home soccer game Thursday at 2 p.m. and a home Football game Saturday at 1:30 p.m. The Football game is also Fan Appreciation Day, so free food! Come cheer on the Yellowjackets!
- Feeling spooky after carving those pumpkins? How about a haunted house?
- You’ve procrastinated on that homework in number 6 by doing all the other awesome things on this list, so really it’s time to buckle down and get that homework done.
- Take time for yourself and reboot: do absolutely nothing.